Will it feel different when you have sex after birth?
How can you make it better?
Will it hurt?
These things and more cross our minds after childbirth. Let's discuss some ways to make it easier on not only ourselves but on our mates as well!
SIMPLE WAYS TO FEEL SEXY AGAIN AFTER BIRTH:
Before you became pregnant, you looked good, you felt good you were oh so sexy and perhaps your bra and panties even matched! You now find it difficult to feel sexy again, nor want your mate to touch you. You must remind yourself that you are still sexy and even more beautiful now!
Allow me to share the kind of tips that helped me feel like myself again right after birth….
- Never compare yourself to anyone, not even the person you used to be before you had children because it’s a really unfair comparison as the truth is we’re all different. Beyonce may wish that she had Kelly’s long beautiful legs and Kelly might wish that she had Beyonce’s booty. It will always be something that we could have more or less of but comparing ourselves to each other really doesn’t help. You have to start being comfortable in your own skin- so never compare yourself to anyone else! You are You and YOU are Original!
- Only speak positively about your body. The truth is that you are your worst critic. Sometimes and most of the time other people around you aren’t even seeing the complaints that you have about your body so try not to put yourself down. Speak positively about yourself. You are beautiful and just birthed a child!
- Try a little make-up. Not all of us need it but it definitely does help to make you feel sexier. If you want to go out for Valentine’s Day, I suggest a red lip or a bold pink lip. The color that I have on right now is a lip stain by Sephora and it’s always red in color. Red lipstick is super sexy and the lip stains are great because you know you can kiss your Mate and it’s not going to come off -so be daring and wear a red lip!
- Talk to your Mate. We have to communicate how we are feeling. If you are not feeling sexy, let your partner know. If you are Postpartum let your partner AND Doctor know. We cannot keep this to ourselves ladies. Communicate.
If you’re troubled and still do not know what else to do, talk to your partner and do not feel shy to talk to them about how you want to feel sexy again. Your partner will definitely be of help.
- WHEN CAN I HAVE SEX AGAIN AFTER HAVING A BABY?
Most experts recommend in sexual activity about six weeks after the babies arrived. Yet always consult with your Doctor.
- WHICH ACTIVITIES SHOULD I AVOID AFTER CHILDBIRTH?
It is recommended that you slowly increase your activity level every day during the first few weeks after your baby is born. Do not go swimming or take baths and do not do any activity like exercise until after you see your healthcare provider for your 6 weeks postpartum appointment. Do not lift anything heavier than your baby, likewise, do not operate a vehicle if you are taking any narcotic medications until your bleeding has completely stopped.
- WHAT CAN I DO TO RELIEVE CONSTIPATION?
Doing physical activities, consuming dietary fiber and drinking extra water or other fluids can help prevent constipation. If needed, a mild laxative or stool softener can provide additional relief.
- WHEN SHOULD I SEEK HEALTH CARE ADVICE?
You should seek healthcare advice if you are having any of the following symptoms:
- Excessive bleeding (needing to change pads more than once per hour)
- Foul smelling discharge
- Body temperature over 100.4 degrees, chills, nausea, vomiting or increased pain
- Redness, swelling, separation of the skin or drainage around a cesarean incision
- A severe headache or blurry vision
- Hot, red and tender breasts accompanied by flu-like symptoms
YOU ARE NOT ALONE, DO NOT RUSH YOUR BODY AND RELAX.
Love and light,